With Clapping Oak Training you can grow—
- grow confident skill from tentative attempts
- change so-so to shiny
- move from confusion to clarity
- make awkward phrasing easier to read
Adults and Students
Adults and Students:
Writing is an essential communication skill. Individual tutoring and coaching provides support for excellence.
Increasing your skill level in anything also increases confidence. I want students to thrive. As your coach in the essential skill of writing, I want to help you succeed in the same way elite coaches work to bring out the best in their athletes, from beginner to Olympian.
The benefits of writing mastery extend into professional life. Communication skills rank high on the list of what employers want. But keep in mind, writing for work is different from writing academically.
Working with adult learners, my goal is the same as with students: coaching you to use your words to effectively open doors to the life you want.
“My son was beaming with confidence on his essay after meeting with Carol last night. We are grateful for her feedback and flexibility and will welcome her ongoing assistance.”
—Parent of a high school student
Who I tutor:
- Students in middle school through college
- Adults seeking to develop skills
- Grammar, including sentence structure
- The writing process, from idea generation through planning, drafting, revisions, and proofreading
- Writing: Essays, Proposals, College entrance essays
- Test prep: ACT and SAT
- Writing at work, from email communication to blog posts
- The “you” focus in business writing
- Writing to engage
How I tutor:
- I will treat you with respect as a unique learner.
- We will start where you are and grow success from there.
- I will challenge you to reach for your potential.
- I will celebrate your successes each step of the way.
- I will honor your story and voice.
- I will meet with you virtually.
Whether internal or external, anything less than excellent communication makes your team less efficient, sabotages customer relations, and undermines your goals.
We offer corporate training to increase your staff’s communications skills. Our workshops and webinars are engaging, interactive, and adaptable for various skill levels and group sizes. Post-workshop clinics providing individual project coaching are optional.
Workshop topics include:
- Business writing, from emails to proposals
- Professional editing and proofreading techniques, including an English grammar refresher
- Inter-generational communication in the workplace
- Presentations with power (Planning, presenting, and presence – does not cover slide design other than some underlying guidelines.)
- Customized content to meet your organization’s needs.