With Clapping Oak Training you can grow—
- To have confident skill from tentative attempts.
- To be shiny from so-so
- Into clarity from confusion
- Ease of reading from awkward phrasing
Adults and Students
Adults and Students:
Writing is an essential communication skill. Individual tutoring provides support and guidance for excellence.
Increase skill level in anything, and you’ll also increase confidence. I want students to thrive. As your coach in the essential skill of writing, I want to help you succeed in the same way elite coaches work to bring out the best in their athletes, from beginner to Olympian.
The benefits of writing mastery extend into professional life. Communication skills rank high on the list of what employers want. But keep in mind, writing for work is different from writing academically.
Working with adult learners, my goal is the same as with students: coaching you to use your words to effectively open doors to the life you want.
Who I tutor:
- Students in middle school through college
- Adults seeking to develop skills
- Grammar, including sentence structure
- The writing process, from idea generation through planning, drafting, revisions, and proofreading
- Writing: Essays, Proposals, College entrance essays
- Test prep: ACT and SAT
- Writing at work, from email communication to blog posts
- The “you” focus in business writing
- Writing to engage
How I tutor:
- Treat you with respect as a unique learner.
- Grow success from where you are.
- Challenge you to reach for your potential
- Celebrate successes each step of the way.
- Honor your story and voice.
- Find common ground, listen, and teach to your strengths and interests as much as possible.
- Meet in person or virtually.
Whether internal or external, anything less than excellent communication makes your team less efficient, sabotages customer relations, and undermines your goals.
We offer corporate training to increase your staff’s communications skills. Our workshops are engaging, interactive, and adaptable for various skill levels and group sizes. Post-workshop clinics providing individual project coaching are optional.
Workshop topics include:
- Business writing, from emails to proposals
- Professional editing and proofreading techniques, including an English grammar refresher
- Cross-generational communication in the workplace
- Presentations with power (Planning, presenting, and presence – does not cover slide design other than some underlying guidelines.)
- Customized content to meet your organization’s needs.