How many generations are represented where you work? Our inter-generational communication training course strengthens individuals and teams to improve collaboration, think outside ageist boxes, achieve more professional success, and experience greater personal satisfaction and influence.
Individuals across the age spectrum bring diverse perspectives and distinct communication styles that can enhance teamwork, achievement of goals, and even work satisfaction.
Yet too often we get stuck in stereotypes and frustrated at our differences. As a result, employees, volunteers, and even customers feel like they aren’t valued. They disengage, and they even leave. And just think how much time and financial investment it takes to replace an employee or volunteer.
“When generations interact, cultures tend to flourish.”Mary Pipher, Women Rowing North
In The Clapping Oak’s Communication and Age Diversity training, you will deepen your understanding of team members across the age spectrum to find common ground, draw on the strengths of people from diverse seasons of life and form stronger teams. Tools learned will be useful at work but also in families, other settings, and other types of diversity.
“After the workshop, that very same day I used something I had learned with a new employee.”Jason, bank branch manager
“I thought I knew communication because I’m a seasoned business professional. But the training was life-changing.”Rachel, medical practice office manager
Our communication training team
Our team is itself intergenerational.
Carol Willis owns The Clapping Oak, a business that provides communication training, consulting, and writing services to organizations and individuals. A seasoned Baby Boomer, her perspective is long and holistic, combining experience with vision. She enjoys and benefits from the energy and creativity of colleagues of all ages.
Laura Willetto is the director of communications and marketing for Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver. Laura is the co-creator of our content and co-facilitator as her availability permits. A proud Millennial, she has seen the power of her generation to bring energy to work environments, while listening to and learning from colleagues and mentors of various life stages.
In our workshops we will:
- Survey the currently accepted definitions of generations–Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers–and poke some holes in those definitions
- Identify communication challenges
- Highlight the potential synergy across the age-spectrum
- Identify strategies for improving your team’s communication
- Promote a plan of action that nurtures a culture of respect and ongoing mutual learning as opposed to reinforcing ageism.
- Training is available remotely. We will consider in-person events on a case-by-case basis.
- Sessions are interactive, with a mix of presentation and participation, including opportunities to learn from each other and practice communication strategies.
- Who is it for? Leaders, managers, HR team. Staff and volunteers at all levels of seniority and authority will benefit from this workshop.
Sign up today!
- A five-part symposium to explore and practice age diversity and inter-generational communication. Next one starts Nov 9. Five 1-hour sessions plus one 30-min. individualized communication coaching session with Carol. More info plus Sign up here. Group rates available.
- Book the course for your organization’s team. Contact us for more information about customization, scheduling options, and price.