Multiple generations of employees often work together today. They bring diverse perspectives and distinct communication styles that affect teamwork, achieving goals, and even work satisfaction.
Have you ever experienced frustration trying to communicate with someone of another generation at work? How can you deepen your understanding of various team members to find common ground rather than stereotypical barriers? How can your team learn to draw on the strengths of people from diverse seasons of life and celebrate their differences?
This seminar will encourage cross-generational interaction and leave participants with tools to promote understanding, useful at work but also in families and in other settings.
- learn from each other
- identify common values
- build team cohesiveness
- take away practical techniques for open communication across the generational spectrum.
Your presenters: Laura Bernero and Carol Willis are both communications specialists who work daily with business clients in various industries. From our clients and colleagues, we have heard their challenges of working with people of different generations. We are also friends who have benefited by sharing our experiences and strengths, despite being in different seasons of life.
Laura manages copywriting and social media projects at SE2, a Denver communications firm that works with nonprofits and cause-oriented groups to make a difference around important issues. A proud Millennial, she has seen the power of her generation to bring energy to work environments, while listening to and learning from colleagues and mentors of various life stages.
Carol owns The Clapping Oak, a business that provides writing and communications consulting to organizations and individuals. A seasoned Baby Boomer, her perspective is long and holistic, combining experience with vision. She enjoys and benefits from the energy and creativity of colleagues of all ages.
In this workshop we will:
- Define the generations. Primary focus will be on the three most prominent in the current workforce: Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers
- Identify communication challenges
- Highlight positive potential of generations together
- Identify strategies for team communication, including team listening, rapport, and giving and receiving productive feedback
- Promote a plan of action that nurtures a culture of respect and ongoing learning from each other.
More workshop details:
- Four hours total. All on one day or divided into two days.
- We suggest 4 sessions of 55 minutes each.
- Can be customized for your desired time frame.
- Sessions will be interactive, with a mix of presentation and participation, including opportunities to learn from each other and practice communication strategies.
- Participants: Staff at all levels of seniority and authority will benefit from this workshop. Registration limited to maximum of 40. If more are interested, multiple opportunities (morning and afternoon, consecutive days or consecutive weeks) can be scheduled.
Our fee: $1200 for 4-hour workshop, plus mileage.